About sports massage and who can benefit.
The techniques used during sports massage have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given.
About the benefits of sports massage
Sports massage, which is also known as soft tissue therapy may:
- improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- increase or decrease muscle tone
- increase or decrease muscle length
- remodel scar tissue when required
- assist in mental preparation for participation in sport
Who benefits from sports massage
You do not need to be a sports performer to benefit from soft tissue therapy. The benefits can help to relieve many day-to-day problems such as:
- repetitive strain injury
It can also assist with injury recovery and preventative treatment.