About musculoskeletal hydrotherapy, the conditions we treat and the types of treatments we offer.
Musculoskeletal hydrotherapy is used to treat people who have movement problems or are suffering from painful conditions caused by illness, injury or disability.
Conditions we treat
Hydrotherapy can treat pain in the following areas of the body:
- neck and shoulders
- hands, wrists and elbows
- feet, ankles and knees
It can also be effective at:
- managing arthritis
- improving mobility following a hip, knee or any other joint replacement
- restoring movement and strength following a sprain, strain or fracture.
Your treatment plan might include:
- A one-to-one session with your hydrotherapist/physiotherapist. This may initially be a gentle form of exercise where the buoyancy of the water aids your movement, progressing to high level resistance training using the pool equipment.
- Self-directed session - completing a rehabilitation programme set for you by your hydrotherapist /physiotherapist
- Attending a class – we offer a range of classes specifically for the spine, lower limb, arthritis/general movement, chronic pain, plus high level circuit and aquafit classes.